Alternative medicine is any healing practice 'that does not fall within the realm of conventional medicine'. It is based on historical or cultural traditions, rather than on scientific evidence.
Many people use mainstream medicine for diagnosis and information, while turning to alternatives for therapy or health-enhancing measures.
Jess is our resident therapist and she is able to offer Aromatherapy and Reflexology by appointment at The Health Rooms.
Reflexology, is an alternative medicine involving the physical act of applying pressure to the feet, hands, or ears with specific thumb, finger, and hand techniques with or without the use of oil or lotion.
It is based on what reflexologists claim to be a system of zones and reflex areas that they say reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands, with the premise that such work effects a physical change to the body.
Please note that a full consultation is required before treatment
- Full Body Aromatherapy Massage (including head and face) and including your choice of essential oils:
Duration 1hr 15mins: Price £23.00
- Aromatherapy Back Massage including a choice of 3 essential oils of your choice:
Duration 35mins: Price £16.00
- Full Body Swedish Massage, a full body massage just using base oils:
Duration 60mins: Price £22.00
- Swedish Back Massage, using only base oils:
Duration 35mins: Price £14.00
- A Deep Cleansing Back Scrub using essential oils, to remove impurities and leave the skin smooth and rebitalised:
Duration 30mins: Price £12.00
- Relaxing Facial including neck, shoulders and head massage:
Duration 40mins: Price £20.00
- Hot Stone Full Body Massage, heat from the stones penetrates through the skin, helping the oils repair damaged skin tissue:
Duration 1hr 30mins: Price £30.00